Wednesday, November 29, 2006

2- More opening thoughts and journaling Rev. 1 and Gen 1

I have read Genesis and Revelations, many times.
Each time is different for me. It's like learning a
new song, on guitar. You reach the part of the
once difficult task, now being part of your muscle
memory. I have a pretty good photographic memory,
although, it's not instanteously set, as in geniuses.

I am a genius, only with endless repetition, contemplation,
and regurgitation, through writing scriptures out, and
memorizing them. During my late teens, and twenties,
I was obsessed with memorizing books of the Bible.

By my 30's, I was married to a man who didn't
believe in Jesus. As a Jew, he made my family
happy, and his family, for finding a Jew to marry.
However, when they found out I was a Jew 4 Jesus,
they were offended. They never liked me after that,
only for loving Jesus Christ.

Jews 4 Jesus is misunderstood. It's labelled a cult,
and if it is, what religion isn't a cult, in some form?
Jews 4 Jesus was a blessing to me, and millions of
others, Jew, and non-Jew alike. First Century
Christianity became imbedded in it's fresh approach
to the New Testament, as the OT fulfilled.

The most compelling NT book to me, was Revelation.
My awe for the events in the book, startled me, and
made me seek reconciliation with the God of my
ancestors.

Since then, I've drifted in and out of daily discipline.
When I'm with non-believers, it's hard to keep my
faith alive. That's why we are exhorted to maintain
fellowship in the Church.

The problem with this is, that too many churches are
dead, as dead as those seven churches in Turkey.

The history of Christianity, defines the history of
Western Civilization! My favorite historical study
is this topic. They were my favorite courses, in college
and my profs. and teachers, encouraged me to
go all the way, and become a history teacher. I
love history, and the study of civilization. I
wanted to be some kind of archeologist/anthropologist..
but, I guess I wasn't focused enough. My energy
was spent on the Bible, in my late teens and early
20s. I was the quintessential Jesus Freak, in the
80s.

The era that brought Jesus to millions of young
and old Jews, also brought a wave of Messianic
fervor, throughout the faithful. The Evangelical
movement had shots in the arm from celebrities.
For us, Bob Dylan was our validation. Keith
Green was like King David, the psalmist to us.

We had no doubt, back in the 1980s, that
we were to be the generation that sees Jesus
coming back. We had reason to come to that
conclusion. The events of the Bible were coming
to life. The horns were blowing.

In the 1990s, even with Desert Storm, there
was a falling away. I missed the fervor of the
80s, and I couldn't find a fellowship in Christ.
For a while, I went to Baptist studies, but,
when they took it upon their mission, to
persecute gays, I had to leave.

I am happiest when I am grounded by Bible
study and prayer. It's my drug of choice.
When I know God's Plan is perfect, and when
I understand that Christ died for our sins,
then, I feel confident.

Genesis is the beginning, but, is it?
From the beggining, there was a fall,
and then the struggle of the children
of Adam and Eve. The Cherubim,
with flaming swords, guarded the
garden gate, and we were then
spawned, in the wilderness of the
world, locked out of Paradise.

Revelation is the end, or is it?
It records the close of the wilderness
of the world, but, the marriage of
the blue orb we live on, with the
bride of heaven, "New Jerusalem."

New Jerusalem, is a real place.
Like a UFO, it will arrive, as promised.
Every eye will see this.

The Cherubim, who guard the way,
will be back. But, most importantly,
the LORD, who walked in the garden,
with Adam and Eve, is coming back
to dwell again with man.

With the Lord, the saints will be
marching back in, as we sing...
The slain for Christ, will be
vindicated.

Jerusalem, as a mortal holy city,
is the place where New Jerusalem
is seated. The design of the city
and temple are foretold in the
Book of Ezekiel.

The great Prophets, of the OT,
are rivisited, by John's revelation.
Every image he saw, was validated
by the prophecies of the Major
and Minor Prophets.

In Genesis, man is created, and
sent on a path of discovery, and grace,
in the descendents of Adam, and then
each branch of descendency, from the
founding fathers of our faith.

Early, Ishmael, son of Abraham,
and his mother, were sent into
the wilderness, to appease Sarah,
the mother of Isaac. Ishmael became
12 princes, or people, the same as
Jacob, had 12 princes too.

Did the God of Abraham favor one
over the other, like he seems to have
done, with Cain and Abel, when he
prefers Abel's blood sacrifice, and
savoury barbecue?

Does God favor one group over another?
Isn't it more like God sees the hearts,
and will favor those who do his will.

When God covered Adam and Eve in
skins, it was at the expense of an
animal's life. That's the core of
the blood sacrifice, as a proxy,
and propitiation of sin.

Because of our sins, pride,
and rebellion, did death become
an enemy of our existences.
Even the most innocent
creatures, the animals,
must suffer for our sins.

In the movie, "Schindler's
List," the commandant punishes
a prisoner, by lining up all the
others, and shooting every other
person. The guilty party had
to live with that.

This is what a blood sacrifice
is supposed to invoke in us,
a deeper empathetic responce.
How many parents would take
their child's place, in their suffering?

I'd rather suffer, than see my
sins cause others to suffer.
Did Ken Lay feel that way when
he ruined tens of thousands of
lives? A sociopathic mind,
devoid of God, will justify
their sins, even if others pay
the price.

In Revelations, there is a
sign of the suffering for sin,
in the victorious Jesus,
who comes back to the
church, as the LAMB of GOD.

This is the ram, caught in the
thickets, that took the place
of Abraham's son. Because
God provided a proxy, in
Jesus Christ, we are passed
over, by the Angel of Death.

Jesus Christ paid for our sins,
and overcame death. As the
firstborn of the dead, he is
glorified, beyond our comprehension.

His arrival, with New Jerusalem,
our new home, for the next 1000 years,
seems beyond Sci Fi, yet, it's real.
It will be like a close encounter, only
beyond the scale of what a mere
extraterrestial visit will be.

This is the key to the eternal realm.
This is the way back to the garden,
and to the exciting star-trekkian
glory of the real Angels.

We can't really comprehend these
things, without sci-fi references,
but, Star Wars, is a pale pale
satire of what really is true,
in this Universe that is teeming
with living things.

Angels are the ultimate living
things, because they have no
death, at all. Death is swallowed
up in victory, for the victorious
in Revelation.

I want to be in that number!

I'm not at the stage of the Hebrew,
or Greek, in these passages. The
opening study of Gen.1, and Rev. 1,
are very encompassing. I could
probably write about it for 10
years straight. My challenge is
to not get hung up. You can
cross-reference the entire
Bible on these scriptures.

God, I love GOD!


Thank you heavenly Father,
in the Name of Jesus, The
First and Last, Alpha and
Omega, alef and tav.

I praise your name,
ineffibly HOLY HOLY HOLY!

I pray for wisdom, dear Lord.
I pray for your children, of
every faith, nationality, and
race. We are all your creation,
who yearn to love you.

Save the lost souls of the
Islamic monster, risen from
the vast sea. Let them see
your kindness and set free
from slavery.

I pray that the slave-makers
of Islam are confounded by
the sight of your glory. I pray
that all those who seek God
will find you, in perfect peace,
brotherhood, and joy.

I pray that you do not tarry
but, hurry. I long to see you
and I long to see New Jerusalem
coming out from the mysterious
depths of heaven.

I long for your beauty.
I long for your righteousness.
I long for freedom from this
world, which subjugates women,
children and the innocent.

How long will it be, O Lamb of Zion,
until you recompense the blood of
the Saints, and the slain Jews of the
holocaust and Israel? How long until you chain
that beast, who once was Hitler, but,
now controls a vast empire sworn to
kill your seed?

SAVE US, Lamb of Zion, Lamb of God,
for only you can, and you will avenge
the blood of our families and friends.

I pray that you open up prophecy,
and that I understand your deeper
meanings.

In the Name of God, in the Name of
Hashem, In the Name of Jesus. Amen

No comments: